SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) – An Alameda-based Coast Guardsman is charged with murder following a months-long investigation.
Officials said 19-year-old Ethan Tucker was arrested Wednesday for the January beating death of a shipmate in Alaska.
Tucker and 19-year-old Ethan Kelch were both assigned to Kodiak, Alaska at the time of Kelch’s death.
Tucker is accused of hitting Kelch in the head and leaving him in the water.
Tucker is also charged with providing a false statement to investigators.
Tucker is facing 7 charges.
If found guilty, he could face life in prison.
Latest News Headlines:
- George Floyd Protests: Thousands in San Francisco march in solidarity
- Protests more subdued after new charges in Floyd case
- White House fears resurgence of pandemic after protests
- 3 charged in slaying of Ahmaud Arbery face court hearing
- Tear gas fired on New Orleans protesters on a bridge