ALAMEDA COUNTY, Calif. (KRON) – Cold case investigators with the Alameda County Sheriff’s Office have arrested a woman in connection with the death of her newborn in Castro Valley in 1988.
In a press release, officials said 52-year-old Lesa Lopez of Salida was arrested for the murder of Baby John Doe, who was found inside a bag near a creek north of Seaview Avenue in Castro Valley on May 15, 1988.
Officials said new details in the case came up through DNA analysis of discarded trash, physical surveillance, and extensive genealogy research
Salida, who was 20-years-old at the time, told investigators she hid the pregnancy from family and friends and gave details of the murder to investigators.
She has been charged with murder and is currently incarcerated at the Santa Rita Jail.
Anyone with any further information is asked to call Detective Pat Smyth at 510-667-7538.
- Bay Area families who lost loved ones to police brutality say Breonna Taylor decision is not shocking
- Burglaries in San Francisco are up 42% compared to 2019
- The Salvation Army to start annual holiday fundraising early to “rescue Christmas”
- California to end sales of gas-powered cars by 2035
- Several senior citizens injured after a bunch of teens reportedly fired paintballs at them