ALAMEDA COUNTY, Calif. (KRON) — Alameda County health officials reported the county’s first coronavirus-related death on Monday.
The person was elderly and had underlying health conditions, according to the Alameda County Public Health Department.
The person was infected through community-spread, health officials said.
Alameda County now has 112 cases as of Monday, with evidence of widespread community transmission.
The county’s shelter-in-place order and social distancing for essential activities and businesses remain in effect.
Check back for updates
- Southwest Airlines offering ‘goodwill’ gesture to customers affected by cancellations
- Power knocked out across Bay Area due to weather
- How to spot ‘shrinkflation’ at the grocery store (and save money)
- Shooting at Pennsylvania mall, multiple people injured
- Bill Clinton back home after hospitalization from infection