ALAMEDA COUNTY, Calif. (KRON) — Alameda County health officials reported the county’s first coronavirus-related death on Monday.
The person was elderly and had underlying health conditions, according to the Alameda County Public Health Department.
The person was infected through community-spread, health officials said.
Alameda County now has 112 cases as of Monday, with evidence of widespread community transmission.
The county’s shelter-in-place order and social distancing for essential activities and businesses remain in effect.
Check back for updates
- Online tool offered to request traffic fine reduction in Santa Clara County
- In a first, Airbnb takes legal action against guest for house party in Northern California
- Coronavirus outbreak hits Folsom State Prison in California
- Biden introduces VP choice Harris; much history, no crowd
- 10-year-old girl’s mother murdered during online class as teacher witnesses confrontation