ALAMEDA COUNTY, Calif. (KRON) — Alameda County health officials reported the county’s first coronavirus-related death on Monday.
The person was elderly and had underlying health conditions, according to the Alameda County Public Health Department.
The person was infected through community-spread, health officials said.
Alameda County now has 112 cases as of Monday, with evidence of widespread community transmission.
The county’s shelter-in-place order and social distancing for essential activities and businesses remain in effect.
Check back for updates
- Where will the bodies go? Morgues plan as virus grows
- KRON4 Heroes: Los Gatos restaurant gives free meals to health care workers
- Gov. Newsom ‘not anticipating’ normal NFL games in the fall
- 1st confirmed COVID-19 case reported at Santa Rita Jail
- NBA, ESPN planning on televising H-O-R-S-E game with big-name players