SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) – A former treasurer for a teacher’s union is charged with bank fraud and theft of union assets.
A federal grand jury indicted 50-year-old Kenneth Morris of Alameda with 8 counts of theft and bank fraud totaling more than $18,000.
According to the indictment, Morris was the treasurer for the American Federation of Teachers – Local 2240 when the alleged crimes took place last year.
The union represents teachers employed by the Archdiocese of San Francisco and the Diocese of San Jose.
Morris pleaded not guilty Thursday and was released on bond.
Latest News Headlines:
- California apologizes for Japanese American internment
- 3 charged after 11-year-old gives birth in Missouri bathtub
- In Lake Placid, a miracle from 40 years ago still inspires
- Spying, disinformation accusations follow UFO figure Rick Doty — an exclusive interview
- New Mexico sues Google over collection of children’s data