Just a couple hours after KRON4 received a photo of what appeared to be a leopard shark pretty near the Alameda shore, local police tweeted what you should do if you see one.
“Have you seen leopard sharks washed up on Crown Memorial State Beach recently? If so, Do NOT attempt to rescue or collect the shark,” the Alameda Police Department tweeted Thursday.
Instead if you see one, you’re advised to call the Crab Cove Visitor Center at 510-544-3187 to report stranded sharks, rays, or other fish.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- ELDERLY WOMAN KIDNAPPED, REPEATEDLY RAPED IN SAN FRANCISCO
- 6 ARRESTED IN DEADLY STABBING AT SAN JOSE DOLLAR TREE
- DISMEMBERED BODY FOUND IN SAN FRANCISCO HOME
- GOT A REAL ID? YOU MAY NEED TO VISIT DMV AGAIN
- NOTORIOUS KILLER’S MOM ASKS WHY HER SON WAS GIVEN A CELLMATE