SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) – Good news for travelers at San Francisco International Airport!
Runway 28-L will reopen around 9 p.m. today.
The runway project that had caused major delays and cancellations for the last two weeks since it was shut down Sept. 7 so crews could rebuild a failing base layer.
Officials said over the last two weeks, about 300 flights were delayed daily at SFO.
Now that the repairs are finishing up a week ahead of schedule, officials said travelers can now expect fewer delays and cancellations.
Be sure to check with your airline for the latest flight status updates.
Latest News Headlines:
- California scientist warns beach goers to stay away during COVID-19 pandemic
- U.S. ‘wasted’ months before preparing for virus pandemic
- Santa Clara County issuing citations to those not following stay-at-home orders
- Mass isolation and quarantine ordered for COVID-19 patients in Contra Costa County
- States lack key data on virus cases among medical workers