FREMONT (KRON) – Big tech companies are expanding in the Bay Area.
Facebook is currently building a new mega-campus in the East Bay, located at the Ardenwood industrial complex right by the Dumbarton Bridge in Fremont.
It will span 1.3-million-square-feet and will bring 20,000 jobs to Fremont.
Fremont is the fourth-largest community in the Bay Area.
Amazon is also expanding in the East Bay.
It is moving into the old Circuit City distribution center off I-580 between Vasco and Greenville.
The city says the 611,000-square-foot facility has been vacant for years.
When Amazon opens its facility in 2020, it will bring back hundreds of jobs to the area.
Latest News Headlines:
- 65 drug arrests made in one week in San Francisco’s Tenderloin District
- Republican strategist Rick Wilson taking aim to save America from Trump
- Paradise residents still trying to recover from devastating Camp Fire
- Takeaways from the Democratic debate
- ‘He died a hero’: Friends remember the firefighters who rushed into the Porterville library fire