FREMONT (KRON) – Big tech companies are expanding in the Bay Area.
Facebook is currently building a new mega-campus in the East Bay, located at the Ardenwood industrial complex right by the Dumbarton Bridge in Fremont.
It will span 1.3-million-square-feet and will bring 20,000 jobs to Fremont.
Fremont is the fourth-largest community in the Bay Area.
Amazon is also expanding in the East Bay.
It is moving into the old Circuit City distribution center off I-580 between Vasco and Greenville.
The city says the 611,000-square-foot facility has been vacant for years.
When Amazon opens its facility in 2020, it will bring back hundreds of jobs to the area.
Latest News Headlines:
- Arkansas toddler dies trying to save puppy during house fire
- R. Kelly charged with paying bribe before marrying Aaliyah
- Warming centers, extra shelter beds available in Santa Clara County during weekend storm
- 19-year-old woman arrested in deadly San Jose shooting
- San Francisco business in flood-prone area preparing for weekend storm