HAYWARD (KRON) – The City of Hayward has voted to increase the minimum wage.
Starting on July 1, employers with at least 26 employees will have to pay a $15 minimum wage.
For employers with fewer than 26 employees, the minimum wage will increase to $14 per hour on July 1.
The wage increase was approved unanimously by the city council.
- TJ Maxx, Marshalls, Home Goods to reopen most stores by end of June
- San Jose cooling centers reopen for last day of heat wave
- Woman tells police she ‘has COVID-19,’ spits at cop to ‘infect him so he dies’
- Newsfeed Now Coronavirus: ‘Facts Not Fear’ morning update – May 28, 2020
- VIDEO: People loot Minneapolis Target in wake of George Floyd protests