MARTINEZ, Calif. (BCN) – Police in Martinez are investigating two fliers found near downtown late Saturday that proclaim “White Pride World Wide” and call for white people to “unify” against Black Lives Matter specifically and Black “thugs” in general.
At least one person saw two fliers on a residential sidewalk near downtown Martinez Saturday night. The fliers, riddled with spelling errors and leaving no contact information, were spotted about 7:15 p.m. Saturday near the Martinez Detention Facility.
The Anti-Defamation League describes the “White Pride World Wide” as part of the logo for Stormfront, the largest white supremacist website on the Internet.
Martinez has hosted at least two peaceful Black Lives Matter protests in recent weeks after the killing in May of George Floyd by a Minneapolis police officer.
The video of that killing went viral, and spurred the resurgent Black Lives Matter movement.
Copyright © 2020 by Bay City News, Inc.
- Stimulus checks: Mark Cuban pushes for $1,000 payments every 2 weeks
- ‘Cake Boss’ star’s right hand impaled in ‘terrible’ bowling accident
- KRON4 Morning Buzz: Breonna Taylor protests
- City cracks down on Tenderloin drug dealers, civil lawsuits filed
- 3 arrested after man fatally run over by own van while trying to stop vehicle theft