FREMONT, Calif. (KRON) — Two home invasion suspects were arrested in Fremont after a police chase ended in a crash on Monday morning.
The Fremont Police Department responded to an armed home invasion robbery on Ibero Way shortly before 5 a.m. Police said they found the suspects in a vehicle they stole from the victim on Mission Blvd and began a pursuit.
The suspects were detained after crashing into an unoccupied building, police said.
The suspects are identified as 19 year-old Keshavsharan Virk of San Jose, and a 17 year-old juvenile. They are facing charges of armed home invasion robbery, burglary, possession of a firearm, felony evading, and possession of a stolen vehicle.
Police said a loaded handgun was recovered in the stolen vehicle.
According to police, the suspects are connected to another burglary and stolen vehicle incident. They believe the suspects arrived in a different stolen vehicle and were casing the neighborhood before invading.
- Uniformed man seen kneeling at Beau Biden’s grave during inauguration
- #MyVPLooksLikeMe trends on social media as Kamala Harris makes history
- Student loan debt relief: Biden tells Education Department to pause payments until October
- LIVE: ‘Celebrating America’: Biden, Harris celebrate inauguration
- Springfield youth inspired by the Inauguration of Joe Biden and Kamala Harris