San Jose Police have arrested a suspect on Friday in connection with a deadly street race that happened last weekend.
Police say 37-year-old Vicente Ochoa is a suspect in a felony hit-and-run causing death, felony reckless driving causing death and felony street racing.
The crash happened Sunday around 9:55 p.m. near Lean Avenue and Santa Teresa Boulevard.
Ochoa was allegedly the driver of a Chevy Camaro that was racing a Pontiac Trans AM.
Police say the Pontiac lost control and hit a tree. The driver of that car has been identified as Arturo Ceja.
According to authorities, Ceja had been drinking.
A 24-year-old man, David Mandujano, was killed in the crash.
Ochoa has been booked into the Santa Clara County Jail.
Officials say Ceja was booked for vehicular manslaughter and felony DUI causing death but remains in the hospital at this time.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- NO JAIL FOR MOM WHO TRIED TO DROWN BABY IN MCDONALD’S TOILET
- VIDEO: NORCAL POLICE RELEASE VIDEO OF OFFICER SLAMMING WOMAN
- SF DOCTOR ACCUSED OF ISSUING FAKE VACCINE EXEMPTIONS FOR KIDS
- SONOMA COUPLE TO PAY NEARLY $600K FOR UPROOTING TREE
- POLICE INVESTIGATE 3RD THREAT AT SAN RAMON’S CAL HIGH