SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) – PG&E tells KRON4 the majority of blackouts were in Monterey, Santa Cruz, and Southern California.
While we could see more blackouts Sunday, energy experts are especially concerned about Monday and Tuesday of this week.
That’s because Monday’s temperatures are going to be increasing yet again.
Also, the second concern is now that we are in fire season, making sure the fires are not jeopardizing one of their lines.
Additionally, because this heatwave does not seem to be letting up, we have warmer nights which means not much cool-off time and people are using more energy.
Cal ISO says it’s too soon for them to let us know who will be impacted and when the rolling outages will be happening.
However, with this heatwave they say it is a strong possibility.
- Sacramento Mayor Darrell Steinberg on homelessness, Prop. 1
- San Jose cartoonist on ‘American Born Chinese,’ advice for aspiring graphic novelists
- NFL chain crew member dislocates his knee during Lions-Saints game
- Voice actress Sarah Natochenny on starring in ‘Pokemon’ for 17 years, what’s next
- ‘Donatello’ voice actor Barry Gordon on Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles legacy