New data released shows that Asians now make up the largest population in two Bay Area counties.
According to data released Thursday from the U.S. Census Bureau, 31.8% of Alameda County and 38.3% of Santa Clara County’s total populations have Asian backgrounds.
Here’s a closer look at the largest demographic groups of those counties according to the data:
Santa Clara County
- 38.3% Asian
- 31% White (non-Hispanic or Latino)
- 25.3% Hispanic/Latino
- 4.1% Two or more races
- 2.8% Black
- 31.8% Asian
- 31.1% White (non-Hispanic or Latino)
- 22.4% Hispanic/Latino
- 11.2% Black
- 5.3% Two or more races
California is also the state with the largest Asian population in the entire United States, with more than 5 million people calling it home.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free news from the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- CALIFORNIA GAS TAX TO INCREASE JULY 1
- PRIDE FLAG FLIES AT STATE CAPITOL FOR FIRST TIME IN STATE HISTORY
- JIMMY BUFFET FANS GET MYSTERIOUSLY SICK IN DOMINICAN REPUBLIC
- HARVARD PULLS PARKLAND GRAD’S ADMISSION OVER RACIST COMMENTS
- BOY FIGHTS OFF INTRUDER WITH MACHETE