MOUNTAIN VIEW (KRON) – Police say a man was shot by his wife in their home after authorities said the wife believed they were victims of a home invasion.
Officers responded to the home on San Carlos Avenue Thursday around 9:45 p.m. on a report of a shooting and a potential home invasion.
When officers arrived, they found a man suffering from a gunshot wound to his forearm and his wife on the front lawn.
Authorities said there was no home invasion and are looking into the circumstances that led up to the shooting.
Police said at this time, it is believed the husband was accidentally shot.
There is no threat to the public at this time.
Latest News Headlines:
- US economy shrank at faster-than-expected 5% rate in first quarter
- TJ Maxx, Marshalls, Home Goods to reopen most stores by end of June
- San Jose cooling centers reopen for last day of heat wave
- Woman tells police she ‘has COVID-19,’ spits at cop to ‘infect him so he dies’
- Newsfeed Now Coronavirus: ‘Facts Not Fear’ morning update – May 28, 2020