SANTA CRUZ (KRON) – An autopsy has determined that Tushar Atre, the man who was kidnapped from his Pleasure Point home, died from a gunshot wound, according to the Santa Cruz County Sheriff’s Office.
A pathologist also confirmed that the 50-year-old was murdered on the morning of Oct. 1.
Around 3 a.m. officials say Atre was taken from his house and last seen in his White 2008 BMW.
Deputies located his car and body around 10 a.m. in the 24000 block of Soquel San Jose Road.
The sheriff’s office believes the homicide is an isolated incident.
- Another huge blow to US workers expected in May jobs report
- Local medical experts weigh in on large protests amid COVID-19 pandemic
- Family outraged after Vallejo police shoot, kill 22-year-old after mistaking hammer for gun
- Protests continue across Bay Area in wake of George Floyd’s death
- New video of San Francisco police arresting man in January raises concerns