SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. (KRON) – BART officials have announced that they will be eliminating an extra commute train during the morning and evening hours beginning on Thursday, March 19.
The trains that run on the Yellow, or Antioch-SFO, line will be canceled until further notice.
After the shelter-in-place order began across the Bay Area on Tuesday, March 17, BART saw an 87% drop in ridership in comparison to a normal Tuesday in February.
BART officials say that the regular schedule with “15-minute headways during commute hours will remain systemwide.”
Officials say the trains that are being eliminated are typically canceled during the holiday season when ridership is lower.
For continuous BART updates related to the coronavirus, CLICK HERE.
- San Francisco SPCA looking for families to foster pets during crisis
- Trump, Dems clash on boosting mail-in voting during pandemic
- Where will the bodies go? Morgues plan as virus grows
- KRON4 Heroes: Los Gatos restaurant gives free meals to health care workers
- Gov. Newsom ‘not anticipating’ normal NFL games in the fall