SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. (KRON) – BART officials have announced that they will be eliminating an extra commute train during the morning and evening hours beginning on Thursday, March 19.
The trains that run on the Yellow, or Antioch-SFO, line will be canceled until further notice.
After the shelter-in-place order began across the Bay Area on Tuesday, March 17, BART saw an 87% drop in ridership in comparison to a normal Tuesday in February.
BART officials say that the regular schedule with “15-minute headways during commute hours will remain systemwide.”
Officials say the trains that are being eliminated are typically canceled during the holiday season when ridership is lower.
For continuous BART updates related to the coronavirus, CLICK HERE.
- Rob Black Winners & Losers: Electric boat market makes waves
- Investigation continues for Highway 1 crash
- Police search for suspect who shot 2 people at Mountain View park
- Big Game Bound week 2: Edgerrin James discusses Hall of Fame journey
- Newsfeed Now: Authorities continue to search for Gabby Petito; Fire department gives wife visiting husband battling COVID a lift