SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) – BART is considering installing WiFi service on all BART trains and inside train stations.
Officials say the move would improve cell phone service across the system.
The project would build a new WiFi and bluetooth network, and enhance overall cell phone coverage.
Officials say this would reduce dropped calls and provide reliable connectivity for video and audio streaming, and allow for improved app functionality, even in underground stations.
The transit agency is expected to vote on the WiFi service plan on Thursday.
- Fire burning at Walnut Creek senior care facility
- Windsor requests grand jury investigation after mayor accused of sexual assault
- Why the FAA is proposing to fine an unruly passenger $32,750
- Companies celebrate National Nurses Day with freebies, discounts
- Family offers vintage Corvette, $10,000 as reward for answers in cold case murder