SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) – Paper tickets will no longer be available at the Embarcadero BART station starting today.
It’s all part of BART’s move to encourage riders to use Clipper cards.
BART will also phase out paper ticket sales at the Powell Street station and Downtown Berkeley station next month.
Customers will still be able to use and reload paper tickets at those stations, but BART’s goal is to transition to Clipper cards only by next year.
Latest News Headlines:
- Trump vows to designate KKK, Antifa as terrorist groups
- ‘I have nothing left’: Sentimental items stolen from 90-year-old man while preparing to evacuate wildfire
- Stimulus checks: GOP, Democrats agree to restart relief talks
- Hispanic Heritage: Family band takes music to Facebook Live amid pandemic
- Cinemark reopens several Bay Area movie theaters