SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) – Starting Monday, paper tickets will no longer be available at the Embarcadero BART Station in San Francisco.
It’s all part of BART’s move to encourage riders to use Clipper Cards.
BART will also phase out paper ticket sales at the Powell Street and Downtown Berkeley station next month.
Customers will still be able to use and reload paper tickets at those stations but BART’s goal is to transition Clipper Cards only by next year.
- Dash cam captures smash and grab near SF’s Lombard Street
- Dangerous winds threaten outages for nearly 90,000 Bay Area customers
- East Bay agencies urge precautionary evacuations ahead of wind event
- Black woman shot by officer seeks justice from hospital bed
- Trump supporters, counter-protesters clash in Times Square