Right now the BART Police Department is looking to fill 19 open positions.
The BART board on Thursday is considering adding 19 more police officers, which would make 38 positions open in the BART Police Department.
Right now BART is offering a $15,000 hiring bonus for academy graduates or experienced officers, according to their website.
You’ll get $7,500 upon hire and the rest once you finish the Field Training Program.
Other perks include free BART transportation for employees and dependents, $4,000 a year for educational reimbursement, and a bilingual extra pay incentive.
Adding those 19 additional positions would cost $5 million.
Most board members are in favor of adding more police officers and others would like to work with community organizations to add station ambassadors.
The board will be approving the budget on June 13.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- ELDERLY WOMAN KIDNAPPED, REPEATEDLY RAPED IN SAN FRANCISCO
- 6 ARRESTED IN DEADLY STABBING AT SAN JOSE DOLLAR TREE
- DISMEMBERED BODY FOUND IN SAN FRANCISCO HOME
- GOT A REAL ID? YOU MAY NEED TO VISIT DMV AGAIN
- NOTORIOUS KILLER’S MOM ASKS WHY HER SON WAS GIVEN A CELLMATE