BART police will be handing out cards warning riders to be aware of their surroundings to ward off cellphone thieves.
BART says officers will be on trains, primarily between the Embarcadero and Balboa Park stations from midday to early afternoon to hand out the index card-sized handouts featuring tips on protecting cellphones and emphasizing the importance of stowing devices and looking up from their phones.
According to BART, more than 400 electronic item thefts were reported to BART in the first four months this year.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- WOMAN SENTENCED TO 17 YEARS FOR RAPE OF 5-MONTH-OLD GIRL
- BILL GIVING CALIFORNIA WORKERS FULL PAY FOR FAMILY LEAVE ADVANCES
- MISSING MAUI HIKER FOUND ALIVE AFTER 16 DAYS IN FOREST
- SMALL TREMORS ALONG WEST COAST COULD LEAD TO ‘BIG ONE’
- VICTIM KILLED IN HAWAII SHARK ATTACK WAS FROM GRANITE BAY