LAFAYETTE (KRON) – BART riders will be helping the transit agency pay for upgrades in their system – including new trains – one ride at a time.
Starting Jan. 1, 2020, if you hop on BART you will be paying more.
For example, if you go from Lafayette and get off at the Embarcadero station, a one-way ticket will cost you $5.30.
From Antioch to Embarcadero, that ticket will cost you $7.90.
Another example – south Fremont to Embarcadero is $7.10.
Dublin to the same station will be $6.60.
BART has raised ticket prices every other year since 2013, saying it’s simply matching the rise in inflation.
Latest News Headlines:
- DoorDash driver killed during road rage incident in Walnut Creek, mom says
- Bring the pain: Olympic swimming begins with grueling 400 IM
- San Diego Zoo reports suspected COVID-19 case in snow leopard
- 1M residents now fully vaccinated in Alameda County
- First Olympic beach volleyball match canceled due to COVID