FREMONT, Calif. (KRON) — Union City police and the Alameda County Fire Department are working on a grass fire, according to officials.
The fire is near Westgard and 11th Street.
BART service has stopped between the South Hayward and Fremont stations due to a grass fire. The Union City station is also closed.
Emergency personnel are dealing with a grass fire on the flood control from the area of Atlantic and Lewis, moving towards Westgard near 11th.
It does not appear that structures are in danger at this point, but heavy smoke is reported in the area.
Residents are encouraged to avoid the area.
Check back for details as this story is developing
Latest News Headlines:
- National Coffee Day: Freebies and deals from Dunkin, Krispy Kreme, Starbucks and more
- COVID-19 cases rising among US children as schools reopen
- California Academy of Sciences reopens in October
- Map: Contra Costa County moves to COVID red tier, SF to orange
- Gun and ammo shortage looms as hunting season approaches