WALNUT CREEK (KRON) – Expect major delays on BART from Walnut Creek going into other parts of the East Bay and San Francisco this weekend.
BART will be shutting down trains between Lafayette and Orinda while they are replacing 50-year-old tracks and performing other upgrades.
It’s starting Friday night and going on through Monday morning.
BART is bringing in a large crane, which will force CalTrans to take two lanes away on eastbound 24 near the BART station.
BART will have buses running between Lafayette and Orinda, but says delays could take up to 40 minutes.
If you’re driving eastbound on Highway 24, delays could be as much as 30 minutes.
The work will begin at 11 p.m. Friday and go on throughout the weekend, wrapping up around 5 a.m. Monday.
Latest News Headlines:
- WATCH: Pilots describe ‘surreal’ moment plane crashes into water near Half Moon Bay
- Olson, Canha hit back-to-back HRs to lead A’s past Yanks 6-2
- Rizzo homers twice as Cubs beat Giants 5-3
- Players send birthday wishes to former Oakland Raider Neiron Ball, as he fights for his life
- ‘It’s really exciting’: Santa Rosa residents moving back into neighborhood ravaged by wildfire