RICHMOND (KRON) – An East Bay school may soon be named after former first lady Michelle Obama.
The West Contra Costa Unified School District said a meeting to discuss the name change will be held at DeJean Middle School on Wednesday at 6:30 p.m.
Officials will consider renaming Woodrow Wilson Elementary after Mrs. Obama, which came after a request by the school’s PTA president and a meeting back in January.
If the board approves the change, this would be the first time in Northern California a school has been named after Michelle Obama, and the second school in California with such a name.
- Trump’s support hits 6-month high in key battleground states
- Man drives 1,200 miles to reunite with missing dog in Tennessee shelter
- Road to recovery: Wine country after wildfires
- ‘Everything was on fire’: Witnesses describe plane crash in Alabama
- How Proposition 16 would impact California