RICHMOND (KRON) – An East Bay school may soon be named after former first lady Michelle Obama.
The West Contra Costa Unified School District said a meeting to discuss the name change will be held at DeJean Middle School on Wednesday at 6:30 p.m.
Officials will consider renaming Woodrow Wilson Elementary after Mrs. Obama, which came after a request by the school’s PTA president and a meeting back in January.
If the board approves the change, this would be the first time in Northern California a school has been named after Michelle Obama, and the second school in California with such a name.
- Southwest Airlines offering ‘goodwill’ gesture to customers affected by cancellations
- Power knocked out across Bay Area due to weather
- How to spot ‘shrinkflation’ at the grocery store (and save money)
- Shooting at Pennsylvania mall, multiple people injured
- Bill Clinton back home after hospitalization from infection