RICHMOND (KRON/CNN) – Michelle Obama is getting another school named after her.
The West Contra Costa Unified School District Board voted on Wednesday to rename Woodrow Wilson Elementary after the former first lady.
The president of the Parent-Teacher Association requested changing the name of Wilson Elementary to coincide with the unveiling of the new building.
The school was originally named after President Woodrow Wilson when it was constructed in the 1920s.
Students will see the name change when they return to classes this fall.
This will be the second elementary school in California to be named after Michelle Obama.
An elementary school in Panorama City is also named after her.
- What you need to know about Kobe Bryant’s memorial service
- NASA: Katherine Johnson, mathematician portrayed in ‘Hidden Figures,’ dies at 101
- Couple suspected of killing 3 roommates in California over rent argument
- Alcohol ads encouraging youth to drink, study says
- East Bay priest placed on leave over groping claim