RICHMOND (KRON/CNN) – Michelle Obama is getting another school named after her.
The West Contra Costa Unified School District Board voted on Wednesday to rename Woodrow Wilson Elementary after the former first lady.
The president of the Parent-Teacher Association requested changing the name of Wilson Elementary to coincide with the unveiling of the new building.
The school was originally named after President Woodrow Wilson when it was constructed in the 1920s.
Students will see the name change when they return to classes this fall.
This will be the second elementary school in California to be named after Michelle Obama.
An elementary school in Panorama City is also named after her.
- Contra Costa County school officials form plan to vaccinate students
- 2 dead after traffic crash reported in Berkeley
- Governors meet with President Biden on new COVID-19 vaccination strategies as pace stalls
- Senators discuss federal cybersecurity following SolarWinds hack
- 2 California police officers fatally shot within 24 hours