SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. (KRON) – Bay Area filmmaker Erika Cohn’s new film “Belly of the Beast” takes a shocking look at the human rights abuses of women in our criminal justice system.
The documentary highlights the sterilization of female inmates in California. Through a former prisoner’s story, the film raises awareness of the pattern of illegal sterilizations happening in the state.
- Police Chief: Los Angeles to hit grim crime milestone
- World Series: How to get your free taco after stolen base
- Red Flag Warning issued for parts of Bay Area
- OxyContin maker Purdue Pharma to plead to 3 criminal charges
- Newsfeed Now: President Trump campaigns in NC; Presidential Debate preparations