SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) – Bay Area home sales have dropped to a 9-year low.
According to Core Logic, fewer than 7,300 homes were sold in the Bay Area last month.
That’s the lowest number since Aug. 2010.
Experts say prices are still preventing people from buying a new home.
The average price of a Bay Area home last month was $810,000.
That’s down $20,000 from a year ago.
Latest News Headlines:
- What you need to know about Kobe Bryant’s memorial service
- NASA: Katherine Johnson, mathematician portrayed in ‘Hidden Figures,’ dies at 101
- Couple suspected of killing 3 roommates in California over rent argument
- Alcohol ads encouraging youth to drink, study says
- East Bay priest placed on leave over groping claim