SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) – Bay Area home sales have dropped to a 9-year low.
According to Core Logic, fewer than 7,300 homes were sold in the Bay Area last month.
That’s the lowest number since Aug. 2010.
Experts say prices are still preventing people from buying a new home.
The average price of a Bay Area home last month was $810,000.
That’s down $20,000 from a year ago.
Latest News Headlines:
- As protests remain mostly peaceful, Walnut Creek considers extending curfew
- Looters, vandals destroy entire strip mall in Southern California
- Live Blog: Looting in Vallejo leads to police shooting
- Violence continues as Trump threatens military force against protesters nationwide
- Santa Rosa restaurant hit with rocks over weekend