SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) – The heat is on yet again Thursday as the Bay Area will see much of the same weather as it did yesterday.
By noon, temperatures reached the high 90’s for inland cities like Concord and Antioch while San Francisco reached 85 degrees.
Temperatures are expected to break records with some Bay Area locations like Livermore hitting triple digits.
Temperatures are forecast to edge out yesterday’s daytime highs by just a few degrees in a few areas.
Heat Advisories are in effect for inland areas until 8 p.m. Thursday.
Skies will remain clear into tomorrow to start the weekend but temperatures will begin to cool down bringing us back closer to seasonal averages with much more comfortable temperatures expected by the weekend ahead.
Cooling centers are open across the Bay Area to help people cool down.
In the South Bay, VTA is offering free rides to anyone heading to a cooling center.
Latest News Headlines:
- Restaurants can resume indoor dining in Contra Costa County
- Study: Moderna coronavirus vaccine appears safe, shows signs of working in older adults
- Will Trump say ‘fake news’ or ‘China’ more?: Sportsbooks offer bets for presidential debate
- Viewers’ Guide: Trump, Biden meet in Ohio for 1st debate
- Giolito dazzles, Abreu slugs White Sox past A’s in opener