SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) – The heat is on yet again Thursday as the Bay Area will see much of the same weather as it did yesterday.
By noon, temperatures reached the high 90’s for inland cities like Concord and Antioch while San Francisco reached 85 degrees.
Temperatures are expected to break records with some Bay Area locations like Livermore hitting triple digits.
Temperatures are forecast to edge out yesterday’s daytime highs by just a few degrees in a few areas.
Heat Advisories are in effect for inland areas until 8 p.m. Thursday.
Skies will remain clear into tomorrow to start the weekend but temperatures will begin to cool down bringing us back closer to seasonal averages with much more comfortable temperatures expected by the weekend ahead.
Cooling centers are open across the Bay Area to help people cool down.
In the South Bay, VTA is offering free rides to anyone heading to a cooling center.
Latest News Headlines:
- Homicide investigation underway after woman’s body found in San Jose home
- AP Source: Barr tells people he might quit over Trump tweets
- California lawmakers propose new law to end ‘Pink Tax’
- Search for missing Palo Alto couple continues leaving neighbors concerned
- Voter registration deadline approaching fast