After a public vote, 96.5 KOIT is bringing back the holiday song “Baby, It’s Cold Outside” to its Christmas playlist.
Thousands in the Bay Area voted via KOIT’s poll on whether or not to play the controversial classic song.
“KOIT has concluded that the vast majority consider the song to be a valuable part of their holiday tradition, and they still want to hear it on the radio,” KOIT said in a statement released Monday morning.
KOIT officials stopped playing the song earlier this month after receiving complaints from some listeners regarding the song’s lyrics.
According to program director Brian Figula, more than 7 out of every 10 listeners who responded said even though “some lyrics of the song may reflect a different era and a different sensibility than today, they still love the tradition and history of the song, and want to hear it as part of their holiday season.”
- FOUR OFFICERS INJURED IN STRUGGLE WITH MAN IN ALAMEDA
- ALLEGED GANG MEMBER KILLED IN POLICE SHOOTING NEAR MARTINEZ
- 27-YEAR-OLD DEAD AFTER OFFICER-INVOLVED SHOOTING IN NAPA
- WOMAN KILLS ESCAPED INMATE WHO KICKED IN HER DOOR
- THIS 7-YEAR-OLD MAKES $22 MILLION A YEAR ON YOUTUBE