BERKELEY (KRON) – While Governor Gavin Newsom has not officially ruled out schools being closed for the remainder of the school year, it appears that’s the plan for Berkeley.
A few weeks ago, many school districts were looking at resuming classes after the first week of April, but then the coronavirus pandemic exploded.
The school district announced late Tuesday that it plans to continue feeding kids through spring break starting this Friday.
The kids and their families will get meals to take home.
The meals will cover breakfast and lunch for the next five days.
The school district says there’s a good chance it will continue to shut itself down through April like many other school districts in the state have already decided to do so.
- San Francisco SPCA looking for families to foster pets during crisis
- Trump, Dems clash on boosting mail-in voting during pandemic
- Where will the bodies go? Morgues plan as virus grows
- KRON4 Heroes: Los Gatos restaurant gives free meals to health care workers
- Gov. Newsom ‘not anticipating’ normal NFL games in the fall