CHP says drivers should expect delays throughout the day after a big rig went off the road in Pleasanton early Friday.
According to CHP, a big rig went off the road on SB I-680 between Bernal Avenue and Sunol/Castlewood Road around 2:30 a.m.
The driver lost control of the truck for unknown reasons and crashed into a ditch.
Emergency crews have been working through the day to recover the truck, but the materials inside the trailer could pose a problem.
The truck was carrying vitamins that need to be refrigerated and because the trailer flipped on its side, the cooling system is no longer working.
Authorities are concerned the cargo could heat up and become a hazmat problem.
Drivers are advised to take alternate routes, such as SR-84 through Livermore or I-580 west to 238/880.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- NO JAIL FOR MOM WHO TRIED TO DROWN BABY IN MCDONALD’S TOILET
- VIDEO: NORCAL POLICE RELEASE VIDEO OF OFFICER SLAMMING WOMAN
- SF DOCTOR ACCUSED OF ISSUING FAKE VACCINE EXEMPTIONS FOR KIDS
- SONOMA COUPLE TO PAY NEARLY $600K FOR UPROOTING TREE
- POLICE INVESTIGATE 3RD THREAT AT SAN RAMON’S CAL HIGH