A body has been found in the area that crews were searching for a man who went overboard while boating with friends at Lake Del Valle on Tuesday afternoon.
The Alameda County Sheriff’s Office believes the body is the man who went missing.
The search continues at Lake Del Valle on Wednesday for a man who went overboard while boating with friends at Lake Del Valle Tuesday afternoon.
According to the East Bay Regional Park Police, they got a call a little after 6:20 p.m. reporting a man had fallen over the boat and did not come back up.
The family of that man has confirmed to KRON4 News that he is 22-year-old Shawn Spikes, a local pro horse jockey.
Multiple agencies responded and searched well into the night until around 10 p.m.
The search was then suspended due to safety concerns.
It was resumed Wednesday morning, and family members of Shawn Spikes are at the scene.
Check back for updates.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free news from the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- KEVIN DURANT’S POST-GAME 5 MESSAGE AFTER INJURY
- DRUG LORD HIRED COPS TO SHOOT DAVID ORTIZ OVER ALLEGED AFFAIR
- US TOURIST DEATH COUNT AT DOMINICAN REPUBLIC RESORTS RISES
- HIGH-SPEED CHASE ENDS IN MILLION-DOLLAR DRUG BUST
- FINAL SEAT INSTALLED AT CHASE CENTER IN SF