Officials have confirmed the body found near Alviso Marina in San Jose over the weekend is that of 32-year-old Ian Powers, who went missing after attending a 49ers game earlier in the week.
According to the Santa Clara County Coroner’s Office, Powers’ cause of death was salt water drowning.
His death has been ruled an accident, and the Santa Clara Police Department has closed its investigation into Powers’ disappearance.
Powers last talked to his family Monday night. According to his girlfriend, he left his seat at the game to use the restroom and never returned. His car was found in a nearby parking lot.
Powers’ body was found Sunday just before 3 p.m. in the water near the marina.
The Alviso Marina Boat Launch ramp is located about 2.5 miles from Levi’s Stadium.
- BAY AREA CITIES NOW AMONG MOST POLLUTED IN WORLD
- AIR QUALITY ISSUES IN BAY AREA EXPECTED UNTIL NEXT WEEK
- CAMP FIRE DEATH TOLL GROWS; HUNDREDS STILL MISSING
- MAP SHOWS HOMES DAMAGED, DESTROYED IN CAMP FIRE
- PG&E CRITICIZED OVER DEADLY CAMP FIRE