Caltrain officials say a person who was trespassing on the tracks in South San Jose early Wednesday was hit and killed.
The NB #277 train hit the unidentified person around 7:40 a.m. as that person was trespassing on the tracks near the Capitol Caltrain Station.
All trains are currently stopped in the area so emergency personnel can investigate the scene.
Passengers should expect delays up to half an hour.
This is Caltrain’s sixth fatality of the year.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- MAN ARRESTED IN MOUNTAIN VIEW FOR RAPE OF GIRL HE MET ONLINE
- CONCORD BOWLING ALLEY TARGETED IN ARMED ROBBERY
- FAMILY REMEMBERS FREMONT TEEN KILLED BY SUSPECTED DRUNK DRIVER
- YOUTH CHURCH LEADER ARRESTED IN SARATOGA FOR CHILD PORN
- POSSIBLE WATERFRONT BALLPARK DEAL FOR OAKLAND A’S APPROVED