The Butte County Sheriff’s Office has confirmed nine fatalities in the Camp Fire Friday.
According to authorities, investigators located five bodies in the area of Edgewood Lane in Paradise.
A preliminary investigation indicates that the victims were located in vehicles that were overcome by the Camp Fire.
And on Friday afternoon, authorities confirmed a sixth fatality in the fire. That cause of death is not known. Three more deaths were confirmed as the night went on.
Officials say identification could not be immediately made due to the burn injuries.
Autopsies will be conducted to determine the circumstances of deaths.
Authorities are actively investigating.
The fire has charred 70,000 acres and is only 5 percent contained.
If you need to check on family and loved ones, visit safeandwell.org, check with your family adn friends, or contact BCSO at 530-538-7322 to request a welfare check or to file a missing person’s report.
- SMOKE FROM CAMP FIRE POURS INTO BAY AREA
- CAMP FIRE IN BUTTE COUNTY EXPLODES IN SIZE
- INTERACTIVE MAP: WHERE IS THE CAMP FIRE BURNING
- NAPA NATIVE, NICE OF ‘SISTER, SISTER’ ACTRESS DIES IN SHOOTING
- WHAT WE KNOW ABOUT THE GUNMAN IN THOUSAND OAKS MASSACRE