Capitol Corridor has reported one of their trains was canceled on Sunday after striking a vehicle in Oakland.
The train that was canceled was 728 — Officials are advising passengers to use the next available scheduled train.
The crash happened at 66th Avenue, near the Oakland Coliseum.
Officials say that the car was wedged under the train and caught on fire.
A passenger on the train at the time of the collision tells KRON4 that all passengers were evacuated immediately.
Emergency officials were on scene to extinguish the fire.
There have been no reported injuries of passengers or the crew.
No other details have been released at this time.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free news from the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- WOMAN SENTENCED TO 17 YEARS FOR RAPE OF 5-MONTH-OLD GIRL
- BILL GIVING CALIFORNIA WORKERS FULL PAY FOR FAMILY LEAVE ADVANCES
- MISSING MAUI HIKER FOUND ALIVE AFTER 16 DAYS IN FOREST
- SMALL TREMORS ALONG WEST COAST COULD LEAD TO ‘BIG ONE’
- VICTIM KILLED IN HAWAII SHARK ATTACK WAS FROM GRANITE BAY