SAN JOSE (KRON) – A man accused of driving a stolen car and breaking into a home in San Jose was rescued by firefighters after the house caught fire.
29-year-old Raul Anthony Rodriguez ran away from police on Monday after he was spotted with a stolen car.
He then broke into a home on Santee River Court.
Officials said the homeowner escaped and was not hurt, but Rodriguez refused to come out of the home.
Then the house caught fire and fire crews rushed in to rescue Rodriguez.
He was taken to a hospital with burn injuries and is expected to survive.
Police say once Rodriguez is released, he will go to jail on a number of unspecified charges.
Latest News Headlines:
- No Mega Millions winner as jackpot climbs to $970 million
- What to expect at an inauguration unlike any other
- Officials urge pause to Moderna vaccine after allergic reactions
- Suspect in custody after assaulting 81-year-old man in San Francisco
- President Trump pardons rapper Lil Wayne, commutes Kodak Black’s sentence