VALLEJO (KRON) – The strong winds fueled several fires across the Bay Area.
In Vallejo, a fire burned near homes in the Glen Cove area.
It also jumped I-80, forcing the Carquinez Bridge to close.
The fire also burned on the campus of the California Maritime Academy, where one maintenance building was gutted and several cars destroyed.
Lanes were reopened on the Carquinez Bridge nearly three hours after.
A fire near Crockett also burned about 200 acres.
In the East Bay, two small fires destroyed a tennis club building, the roof of a home and two outbuildings in Lafayette.
Those fires broke out in the area behind the tennis club on Camino Diablo; there about 5 acres burned.
Evacuations in the area have since been lifted.
Evacuation orders have also been lifted for a neighborhood in southern Martinez after a 50-acre wildfire there that broke out on Alhambra Avenue near Forest Way.
The fire was reported at around 4 p.m. Sunday; no structures were damaged.
Latest News Headlines:
- 4.0 magnitude earthquake rattles near Clearlake
- San Francisco Fire Department battle 110 fires in 12-hours during holiday weekend
- Contra Costa County fire crews respond to 67 fires on night of July 4th
- Second stimulus check: Where we stand as July begins
- Wildfire burning near Lake Anderson in Santa Clara County grows to 200 acres, 20% contained