VALLEJO (KRON) – The strong winds fueled several fires across the Bay Area.
In Vallejo, a fire burned near homes in the Glen Cove area.
It also jumped I-80, forcing the Carquinez Bridge to close.
The fire also burned on the campus of the California Maritime Academy, where one maintenance building was gutted and several cars destroyed.
Lanes were reopened on the Carquinez Bridge nearly three hours after.
A fire near Crockett also burned about 200 acres.
In the East Bay, two small fires destroyed a tennis club building, the roof of a home and two outbuildings in Lafayette.
Those fires broke out in the area behind the tennis club on Camino Diablo; there about 5 acres burned.
Evacuations in the area have since been lifted.
Evacuation orders have also been lifted for a neighborhood in southern Martinez after a 50-acre wildfire there that broke out on Alhambra Avenue near Forest Way.
The fire was reported at around 4 p.m. Sunday; no structures were damaged.
Latest News Headlines:
- Community gathers to celebrate Lunar New Year in San Francisco’s Chinatown
- Newborn safe after dropped off in Safe Haven box
- Virus death toll in China rises as Xi calls situation grave
- LeBron James passes Kobe Bryant for 3rd on NBA scoring list
- Several Dodgers go public, speak on Astros’ cheating scandal