SANTA ROSA (KRON) -- Heavy downpour and slick roads -- this was the scene in and around Santa Rosa for much of the day.
There was plenty of flooding as well, especially on Llano road, where cars had to navigate through deep water.
A stretch of Redwood Highway was also closed due to flooding. Over on South Wright Road, drivers were better off in a motor boat than car.
The downtown area the Santa Rosa Creek was bustling with rapids good enough for a rafting trip.
So good in fact, Prince Memorial Greenway, the pedestrian walkway which run through the downtown, was closed between Santa Rosa Avenue and Pierson for fear walkers could get washed away.
- FALLING CONCRETE SHUTS DOWN RICHMOND-SAN RAFAEL BRIDGE
- GAS LINE EXPLOSION SPARKS MASSIVE FIRE IN SAN FRANCISCO
- FDA: DEADLY CANCER LINKED TO BREAST IMPLANTS
- VIDEO: MAN STOPS ON BUSY HWY, SHOOTS SCHOOL BUS DRIVER IN HEAD
- MAN THREW METH-FUELED 'DEATH PARTY' FOR HIS WIFE BEFORE SHE DIED
- Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Baby dies after mom's boyfriend fractures his skull on Valentine's Day
- Shooter in deadly Illinois rampage was not supposed to own a gun, police say
- 4 arrested after police chase in San Francisco
- Over 220-pounds of cocaine seized in Ventura County