A 63-year-old repeat DUI offender is now in custody after a car crash in Petaluma.
Authorities said Pamela Long rear-ended a car on East Washington Street, injuring a child in the car she hit.
Witnesses say she smelled like alcohol and that at one point she tried to walk away, forcing some witnesses to take her keys and make her stay on scene.
When police arrived, they determined that her blood alcohol level was just over the legal limit.
She was also found to be on probation following a prior DUI conviction.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- 3 OAKLAND GANGS FORM ‘SUPER CELL’; 16 ARREST IN RAID
- MISSING PREGNANT TEEN KILLED, BABY CUT FROM WOMB
- 2ND GRADER THREATENS CHILD WITH GUN AT VALLEJO SCHOOL
- CALIFORNIA’S HIGH SPEED RAIL IN JEOPARDY
- OFFICIALS WARN OF ‘ZOMBIE RACCOONS’ AFTER REPORTED SIGHTINGS