HAYWARD (KRON) - Drivers who use Interstate 880 in Hayward may have to find a different route during the early morning hours.
The California Highway Patrol is closing the southbound lanes of the highway overnight starting Sunday night through Wednesday night.
The first closure will be Sunday at 11:59 p.m. to 4 a.m. on Monday morning and this will continue through for the following three nights.
The southbound lanes between Winton Avenue and Highway 92 will be closed to install 880 Express Lanes signs.
Additional closures will be the following week on Mar. 24, 25 and 26 for the same hours.
This will also impact the left two northbound lanes from Highway 92 to A Street from 11:59 p.m. to 5 a.m.
Warning signs, messages, and detour signs will be in place ahead of time, in addition to CHP officers on the scene for the closures.
Expect delays and allow yourself extra time for your morning commute during this time.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free the Bay Area's Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- COLLEGE CHEATING SCANDAL: 13 BAY AREA PARENTS CHARGED
- FATHER OF MURDER VICTIM SPEAKS AFTER DEATH ROW EXECUTIONS HALTED
- MOSQUE SHOOTER ID'D AS WHITE SUPREMACIST ANGRY AT IMMIGRANTS
- BRIDE FINDS HIDDEN MESSAGE FROM HER LATE MOTHER ON WEDDING HEELS
- PD: TEEN KILLS GIRLFRIEND'S PUPPY AFTER SHE DIDN'T COME HOME ON TIME