CONCORD (KRON) — Concord police arrested a 23-year-old man on Monday after he allegedly made threats in an online chatroom to commit a mass shooting at a synagogue and harm law enforcement.
Police said they received a tip last weekend from the FBI that the Concord man had made the comments in a chatroom for an online gaming platform.
In the comments, the man allegedly threatened people of Jewish faith, discussed committing a mass shooting at a synagogue and shooting law enforcement.
The man claimed to have a rifle, according to police.
The FBI was able to determine the suspect resided in Concord.
Detectives obtained a warrant for the man, identified as Ross Farca, and learned he had legally purchased an AR-15 rifle frame earlier this year.
After serving the search warrant at Farca’s home, police found an illegal AR-15 semi-automatic rifle, which they say was assembled from the legally purchased rifle frame.
Officers also found high capacity magazines, camouflage clothing, a sword and Nazi literature.
After his arrested, the suspect was charged by the Contra Costa District Attorney with making criminal threats, possession of an illegal assault rifle and manufacturing assault rifle.
Police also issued an emergency gun violence restraining order against the man, which is intended to prevent him from legally purchasing firearms.
Police said at this point, they’re only aware of threats the suspects made and did not find any concrete plans to commit any acts of violence.
Those with information on the suspect are asked to contact Concord Police Detective Greg Mahan at (925) 603-5817.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free news from the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- KEVIN DURANT’S POST-GAME 5 MESSAGE AFTER INJURY
- DRUG LORD HIRED COPS TO SHOOT DAVID ORTIZ OVER ALLEGED AFFAIR
- US TOURIST DEATH COUNT AT DOMINICAN REPUBLIC RESORTS RISES
- HIGH-SPEED CHASE ENDS IN MILLION-DOLLAR DRUG BUST
- FINAL SEAT INSTALLED AT CHASE CENTER IN SF