CONTRA COSTA COUNTY (KRON) – Health officials on Friday confirmed the first death linked to coronavirus in Contra Costa County.
In a statement, officials said the patient died Thursday at a hospital in the county.
The patient was in their 70’s and had a pre-existing condition that put them at a higher risk of serious illness from coronavirus, officials said.
Additionally, the patient had a history of recent travel overseas.
Officials said more details would be provided at a press conference at 10 a.m.
This is a developing story. Check back for updates.
- San Francisco SPCA looking for families to foster pets during crisis
- Trump, Dems clash on boosting mail-in voting during pandemic
- Where will the bodies go? Morgues plan as virus grows
- KRON4 Heroes: Los Gatos restaurant gives free meals to health care workers
- Gov. Newsom ‘not anticipating’ normal NFL games in the fall