SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) – A controversial campaign billboard for the San Francisco mayor’s race is now gone after city leaders condemned it as racist and sexist.
Crews took down Ellen Zhou’s billboard on Dore Street on Tuesday.
It apparently shows a cartoon version of Mayor London Breed smoking and holding a stack of bills with homeless people inside a thought bubble.
A man is also pictured carrying a child away.
Zhou defended the billboard and is planning a press conference for Friday in response.
Mayor Breed’s re-election campaign released a statement saying they had nothing to do with the billboard coming down.
Latest News Headlines:
- List: Cyber Monday 2020 gift card freebies
- Possible COVID exposure reported after holiday gathering involving East Bay high schoolers
- Man slain in Chicago dispute over hands in Thanksgiving food
- Rob Black’s Winners & Losers: Steph Curry partners with Under Armour
- Arizona certifies Biden’s victory over Trump