SUNNYVALE, Calif. (KRON) – An investigation at a Costco in Sunnyvale is underway right off of Lawrence Expressway after a number of employees have tested positive for the coronavirus.
Dr. Marty Fenstersheib, Testing Officer for the County of Santa Clara Public Health Department, says Costco is working with them on this.
There are about 9 cases but the public health officer did not confirm the actual number.
Now the county goes through a 7-step process when there is a positive case or cases at a business.
They identify the infected employee or employees, identify all close contacts, and communicate with all employees, report cases to the health department, report any hospitalizations, and recommend disinfectant at the business to prevent any additional spread.
According to the website, this Costco location opens today at 10 a.m.
- Second stimulus checks: Where we stand halfway through August
- Post Office warns states across US about mail voting
- Trump supporters attempt world record boat parade near Clearwater Beach
- Dolly Parton voices support for Black Lives Matter movement
- Extreme heat wave continues across Bay Area