SUNNYVALE, Calif. (KRON) – An investigation at a Costco in Sunnyvale is underway right off of Lawrence Expressway after a number of employees have tested positive for the coronavirus.
Dr. Marty Fenstersheib, Testing Officer for the County of Santa Clara Public Health Department, says Costco is working with them on this.
There are about 9 cases but the public health officer did not confirm the actual number.
Now the county goes through a 7-step process when there is a positive case or cases at a business.
They identify the infected employee or employees, identify all close contacts, and communicate with all employees, report cases to the health department, report any hospitalizations, and recommend disinfectant at the business to prevent any additional spread.
According to the website, this Costco location opens today at 10 a.m.
- Tenderloin SRO hotel owner sued over conditions at building
- Bird-watcher falsely accused in racist Central Park encounter gets Nat Geo show
- Santa Clara County to launch gun buyback program
- Christopher Nolan filming latest movie on UC Berkeley campus: photos
- Artificial intelligence used to stop shoplifting