LIHUE, Hawaii (KHON2) — A Hawaii couple was arrested this week after boarding a flight despite having tested positive for COVID-19.
The couple, from Wailua, Kauai, was arrested Sunday for reckless endangerment after getting on a flight traveling from San Francisco to Lihue.
Police said the man and woman, both age 46, knew they had tested positive for the virus and placed other passengers on the flight in “danger of death.”
Police also said they were traveling with a child.
The couple posted bail, which was set at $1,000 each.
- House passes George Floyd policing bill
- Hot spots prevent Alameda County from moving into red tier
- Autopsy reveals California serial killer known as ‘I-5 Strangler’ was strangled himself
- ‘Recall Newsom’ campaign collects 1.9M signatures, organizers say
- Smash-and-grab robber targets TikTok’s Fleetwood Mac skateboarder guy in SF