ALAMEDA COUNTY, Calif. (KRON) — A 5-year-old girl was bit by a coyote at Dublin Hills Regional Park Wednesday afternoon, according to the East Bay Regional Park District Police Department.
The girl was attacked around 2:20 p.m. and was taken to Oak Children’s Hospital with non-life threatening injuries. The girl is receiving medical treatment and is in stable condition.
Responding officers are working with the California Department of Fish & Wildlife to resolve the situation.
Due to the incident, the park is currently closed.
No additional information has been made available at this time.
Latest News Headlines:
- Breaking down California’s $6.6 billion school reopening plan
- Senator says reopening schools not ‘purely equitable’ but students need to return
- Mobile COVID-19 clinic vaccinates Contra Costa County’s most vulnerable communities
- In-person learning to begin at some San Francisco schools next month
- NY officer on leave after tackling, pepper spraying woman with her child nearby