(KRON) – A two-car collision on the San Mateo bridge on Saturday has resulted in major injuries, according to officials.
Redwood City Area units were dispatched to westbound SR-92, half a mile west of the Toll Plaza.
A black Volkswagen Jetta sedan was parked on the right-hand shoulder when a white Toyota Corolla sedan was driving just west of the Toll Plaza.
Preliminary investigation shows that the white Toyota drifted into the right-hand shoulder and crashed into the back of the Volkswagen, severely injuring the girl in the car.
She was transported to a hospital.
The driver of the Toyota was an 18-year-old male, he was in pain but wasn’t transported.
Both drivers were reportedly wearing seatbelts at the time of the crash.
Drugs and/or alcohol are not suspected to be a factor in the collision.
- 33 missing children, some who were sexually exploited, found in CA operation: FBI
- They’re ‘noncitizens’ not ‘aliens,’ Biden administration says
- Bus heading to Grand Canyon rolls over; 1 dead, 2 critical
- Hazmat team responds to ammonia spill in San Jose
- Here’s when a possible atmospheric river is forecast for the Bay Area