SAN MATEO, Calif. (BCN) – The San Mateo Consolidated Fire Department has contained a Tuesday evening brush fire at state Highway 92 at the Ralston exit, officials said.
No homes or buildings are threatened.
Smoke will be visible for the next one to two hours and the public is asked not to call 911 regarding the fire unless flames are seen.
Motorists were advised to avoid the area of state Highway 92 in both directions at the Ralston exit in San Mateo due the fire.
The San Mateo Consolidated Fire Department was at the scene.
Residents on social media were reporting heavy smoke.
Officials asked the public to “limit calls to 911 regarding the fire unless it is an emergency.”
Copyright © 2020 by Bay City News, Inc.
- Another San Quentin inmate dies from complications of COVID-19
- Joey Chestnut and Miki Sudo crush the hot dog contest — again
- Alcohol, drugs appear to be factor in fatal Woodside crash Friday night, authorities say
- Outdoor dining in Morgan Hill shut down by ABC without notice
- SF Giants announce strict health guidelines to be implemented at Oracle Park